Just as the kind blogger who awarded me, when I received this nomination for the first time, I wasn’t even aware of what it meant. She did some research though:
The Liebster Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? It is a German word and it simply means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Official rules for the Liebster award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 10 of your favourite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
4. Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
These are the questions/action points I was given:
1. List three favorite items you would carry on your journey to Mars.
My Kindle, my journal, and my camera
2. Name a favorite blog post you have written. Please share the link.
I started this blog years ago, but it in the busyness of life it disappeared into my mind and the internet-sphere. But when my Mom died, I returned one night after feeling the call to write this about my childhood home. Since then, I have found healing comfort, reflection, memory, joy and voice through writing. In many ways, writing has become my broken heart’s salvation since the loss of my Mom.
3. How would you greet St. Peter at the gates of heaven? Only three words please.
You too, huh?
4. Name your favorite post you have read on someone else’s blog. Please share the link.
This is beyond difficult to pick just one. So I’m going to cheat… the writing that has been balm to my heart has been from kathy escobar.
5. Name one scientist hero stating why in 1-2 lines.
God, the Original Scientist who never fears inquiry or discovery and is always bigger than what man comes up with.
6. If you had to vote for at least one blog post from Precious Awakening, then which one would it be? Please share the link. Please use three words to explain why you like that post.
I appreciated this challenge, because I was able to spend some time on a blog that I would not have normally found. I feel most drawn to The journey thus far. Why? Journey. Butterfly. Awaiting.
7. Which is the best way to convey your blog message: Text or Image? Why?
8. Use five adjectives to describe your experience with Precious Awakening.
New. Spiritual. Seeking. International? Grateful.
9. What kind of blog posts interest you? Comical, health, facts, fiction, short stories? Please share links if possible.
Blogs about the soul. Blogs about the high school classroom.
10. State three key feedback/comments for Precious Awakening.
1-Include more in your About…it was tough to find out about you. 2-Congratulations on the Liebster award. 3-Thanks for nominating me!
Tag, you’re it:
- Finding Meaning Through Writing
- The Underful Journey
- Love, Teach
- Time for adventure
- Daily Bruski (on a hiatus right now)
- The Sweet Tomato
- The Complete Game
- Harriet in Bloom
- A Stranger in my Own Land
My wonderings for those nominated:
- Describe, in detail, your favorite beverage.
- What’s your pet peeve?
- Tell us the book that has most impacted what matters most in your life.
- How do you take care of your soul?
- Favorite quote or Scripture?
- What’s your favorite post you’ve written and why? Include a link.
- What’s your favorite post of mine and why? Include a link.
- What is the greatest joy of blogging?
- What is the greatest anxiety of blogging?
- Which blog speaks most poignantly to you? Why? Include a link.
- Bonus question, if you’re so inclined: give my some feedback on my blog.